Our Glowforge is not sending any wifi signal. Help please

We are trying to set up our glowforge for the first time and at first we were just waiting forever for it to connect. so I was curious and went to the “wifi available” and the wifi shows up for the glowforge, but it shows the ! point on the icon showing that there is a problem. Any suggestions?? Thanks for your help in advance!

The ! Is normal. It means that it isn’t providing an internet connection - which it won’t. It is just an ad-hoc network.

This video from @rpegg may help:

5 Likes

Thank you for the video. I will try this out.

Lisa

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge did get successfully connected. That’s great!

As @jbmanning5 mentioned, the ! just indicates the Glowforge doesn’t provide internet access, and is perfectly normal.

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

The problem we are experiencing today is that we have gotten the wifi network to connect to the glowforge, in the settings any way. we go back to the “set up” link where it says waiting to connect, where it is suppose to say hazah you are connected , but it doesn’t say that, it still says it is trying to connect with the little circle just spinning… so frustrated.

Lisa

I’m sorry to hear you’re still running into trouble. Typically, once you’ve connected your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network and started printing, you don’t need to go through the Wi-Fi setup steps again unless your network name or password changes, or you want to connect to a different network.

Could you please try the following for me?

1. Exit the web browser you are using.

2. Turn off your Glowforge.

3. Wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Turn on your Glowforge. (Please do not touch the button on top of the Glowforge - only the switch on the back).

5. Once the Glowforge is on, wait two minutes so it can calibrate and apply any necessary updates.

6. Open your web browser and navigate to app.glowforge.com

7. If your dashboard loads with designs, you’re all set - you can start printing! If you see anything else, let me know.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.