Out Of This World Ukulele

Beautiful! And congrats to @GrooveStranger on the dorito eating! Had you said nacho cheese flavor I wouldn’t have been that impressed!

7 Likes

With the first pic, I was really hoping for a close-up photo of the front. So happy once I scrolled down. Wow, just wow!!

7 Likes

Your skills as a luthier are on full display here. Absolutely beautiful uke. I play, and wish I could hear it as well. I bet it sounds as awesome as it looks. :heart:

6 Likes

I think this is the most beautiful creation ever to be posted to our forum. It is so incredible that we are all sitting here in awe. Thank you so much for posting!

5 Likes

Thank you. I will be posting all the updated pictures to my website shortly.

5 Likes

Wow. Thank you so much. What a wonderful thing to hear about my work. I really love what I do and it makes me very happy to hear you all love it too. I’m truly thankful to all of you who enjoy and share my work.

3 Likes

Thank you. The Glowforge has completely changed how I do things and the types of intricate inlays I can do. It’s been a great addition to my cache if tools. I wish I took video of how it sounds. It really rings out and has a great mellow tone. I’ll try and get video on my next visit with Freddo.

5 Likes

You say that with the reverence of a man whose experience allows him to compare it with the manual method. The precision of Computer Numeric Control is like a dream come true for those of us who existed before it did.
I can hardly imagine my life without the laser now. Premium craftsmanship man.

5 Likes

Bwahahaha!!!

I’m afraid to think about what mine would have. :rofl:

3 Likes

That is juat epic. The ukelele, design, the man himself. All of it. Amazing work.

4 Likes

Thank you.

Yes. I started my Luthier journey hand bending sides over a hot pipe, cutting inlay with a jewelers saw and learning lots lessons the hard way. I wouldn’t change a thing because that path is exactly how one should grow and mature. I still cut a lot of inlay by hand but also really love the repeatable precision the laser affords me. I often think, wow, I have a laser of my own. Something the child version of me would have loved to know.

Thanks for checking out my work.

7 Likes

Simply incredible. What a gift you have and a gift you made!

4 Likes

I agree. Failure is our teacher, and man - did I learn a lot!

2 Likes

Did you do the whole ukelele or just the inlay?

3 Likes

I built the ukulele from scratch. I choose and mill the wood, bend the sides everything is done in my shop. Here is more of my work. Thanks for asking.

5 Likes