Oven rack push/pull stick

Simple is always good. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

I found insulated wraps that snap onto the front of the rack that help to reduce the chances of such a burn (after the umpteenth time I got that burn!).

But the stick are great idea, especially when the oven is a low one!!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness!! I used to have one of these and it was the BEST! It got lost in one of our many moves and I mourn it often. Never thought to make one now that I have a GF! Duh! Thanks!

16 Likes

Two minutes ago I saw something similar on a video, and thought I need to work one up. Thank you for saving me the effort. I think I’ll really appreciate using it!!!

6 Likes

Forgot about these and I even still have one magnetized to the fridge.
I must have made a few hundred back when they were popular.
Looks like they are getting popular again.

4 Likes

Hope you don’t mind … but, want to make one for my daughter’s birthday, Oven Push-Pull Stick.pdf (3.0 KB)

8 Likes

I was thinking how nice they would be plasma cut and then heated and quenched in a strong magnetic field :grin:

Or you could cut just one in 3/8" Maple

5 Likes

Not all of us have your resources Tony :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I was not thinking for myself but that others (@jamesdhatch and others?) here do have them

3 Likes

Great plan thx for sharing the file. they remind me of the “oven squirrels” we made in shop class when i was a kid.

14 Likes

Ohhhh … love the squirrel!

4 Likes

I have my second one coming just after Christmas :blush:

Larger table (2.5’ x 4’) and automatic torch height control (Z-axis movement to keep a fixed distance above warped material) and I’ll be able to swap in a diamond inscriber and engrave with it too.

It’s about as big as I can fit in the garage and bigger means bigger sheets of steel which get wicked heavy in a hurry :yum:

5 Likes

I have an oven stick that I used to press the print button for over two years on my Glowforge. I had to reach across my desk and it saved me from getting up. It has a magnet on it and I hung it on a lamp, if I remembered too. Now I have the Glowforge arranged differently so I can hit the print button with my hand since it is next to the desk.

And all along, I have had numerous burns from oven racks and baking. Perhaps I will retrieve it to the kitchen now. These do work great. Mine has ruler markings on it. Always handy to have one in the kitchen.

5 Likes

Great idea! Can’t wait for the weekend to play!

1 Like

Thanks for the design! Should come in very handy.

There’s another thing that is needed but I’m too lazy to design it (I’m using a random block of wood now): my oven’s convection setting can be used to turn it into a food dehydrator for making jerky and such. Problem is the fan doesn’t run unless the door is closed and dehydration requires the door to be cracked. So I shove a small block of wood (with a string attached so I can retrieve it) into the gap so it presses on the “door close” lever and fools the oven into thinking the door is closed. The wood block needs to be of a specific size and shape to do the job. Anybody up for this one?

3 Likes

Happy cake day!!! If you had dimensions, I’d be happy to work it up for you.

3 Likes

How generous of you to offer! No, I’m thinking it will probably be a trial and error thing and I haven’t dehydrated anything in a long time so don’t need it desperately anyway. But thanks very much!

4 Likes

Now that’s funny

2 Likes

Classic, what font is that.

1 Like

I’m out of town, I’ll try to post the font name Wednesday.

3 Likes