Overburn with cuts/scores?

I’m curious how your testing this weekend went.

Any news?

It seems to be better than before from a few tests. I’m going to do a few more this week to see if I can manufacture one of my products start to finish and see if there’s any horrifying issues that crop up and see how it all turns out. I’ll report back here.

Sounds good.

I’ll be happy to look into any trouble you run into.

Reporting back. I did some extra cuts and also produced a product. I’m not in love with the scores, but if there’s nothing that can be done, then I guess that’s how it is. I think this unit is usable.

Do you know any details on how this was fixed? I’m curious.

Final test with circles. What’s your opinion on these cuts? Most look great, some seem odd.

Last year, we announced there was a new feature intended to improve score results called “Clean corners”.

I disabled that feature for your Glowforge (just the Clean Corners, nothing else).

If you’d like to turn it back on, let us know. We can toggle as needed, even if you’d just like to run more tests.

I’m not sure if, or how much, that change impacted things because I made that change at about the same time as the settings update you were emailed about, so I’m not sure how to disentangle the impact.

Final test with circles. What’s your opinion on these cuts? Most look great, some seem odd.

Those all look within the range that I would expect from a Glowforge.

I am glad you’ve got a usable Glowforge!

I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like