Overheating

I did that last year when we were going through the temp issues on the PRU. I even made a special tray for the cold packs and dual muffin fans to push air across the ice packs and into the intake under the heat exchanger. It didn’t solve the problem because the air wasn’t spending enough time in contact with the ice to cool sufficiently to cool the air enough for the GF.

It needs a larger volume of ice than a few ice packs. Or a/c for the room or even focused on the GF intake.

There’s a whole thread out there (probably in Made on a Glowforge) about the design of my ice pack cooling system and experimential results.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll search the forum. Here in KS we can go through extremes of hot and cold and I have to keep my GF in the garage, so I am looking for any and all suggestions.

What about directing the air from an evaporative air cooler towards the intake or would that be too much moisture going into the machine?

https://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-Personal-Technology-Nightstand-PAC-20/dp/B072WQX2YX/ref=pd_sbs_201_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B072WQX2YX&pd_rd_r=QC9CHAHNJZA7P0GNS9TG&pd_rd_w=ah1l0&pd_rd_wg=6iqWT&psc=1&refRID=QC9CHAHNJZA7P0GNS9TG

You might punch the humidity too high…