Overpackaging

I ordered 2 sheets of “oversized” plywood (8x36), plus some smaller sizes. I’m sure there are smaller boxes available to ship them in. This seems like overkill. I could fit inside the box.

10 Likes

yeah but now you have lots of cardboard to laser. win win?

11 Likes

I have heard a lot of this. I experienced this also.

But, I must say, your box is the BIGGEST I have seen delivering :proofgrade: materials!

You win. But I agree with @evansd2 , you now have a lot of free cardboard to use with your :glowforge: !

9 Likes

That cardboard probably cost more than the material you have in there. What a waste.

2 Likes

I panicked for a second thinking they delivered your GF sideways. Took a second to register. My cat would love that box. :rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t know where you get your boxes but they are astoundingly cheap especially in large volumes. Think pennies.

It can range a lot. If you buy boxes at the FedEx store you pay an arm and a leg. The USPS will deliver boxes to your door for free. (Granted none as large as that, but still. Boxes are dirt cheap)

3 Likes

That entire box costs less than $7 retail. My issue is that using a box longer almost double the length of the material increases the likelihood of the material getting banged up. It looks like it made it through beautifully though!

Yay for like 8-10 pieces of full bed sized cardboard mock-up material!

5 Likes

Welcome to the 2022 supply chain. The proofgrade supplier was likely out of the optimal box and used what they had instead of making you wait.

Welcome to the Community, too! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.