Partially made on the GF to thank those who serve

Work wanted to put up (on a hallway wall) a "thank you for your service" display at work and asked if I had any idea.  They purchased a wooden (pallet wood) large american flag ( I could have made THAT for em...- but it is nice, about 3x4 feet).

Anyways, this is what I came up with. ONLY the lettering was done on my :glowforge: . Not having a Pro or pass-thru , the eagle was too large - I cut that by hand.

to give a better sense of scale/size…

I just noticed she put the T in Thank wrong, vertical and horiz are switched :expressionless:

29 Likes

Great looking display! (“T” looks right to me?) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lol…you will be the only one that knows…and a few of us OCD people who see how it should be like in the “F”. It actually looks fine though…

Nice job!!!

1 Like

That is amazing hand work! What kind of saw did you use? Is the eagle your design? That is beautiful work as well.

1 Like

Looks great to me.

1 Like

Was cut with a cordless jigsaw 1/4 inch white melamine (hardboard).The design was drawn by hand from a few different eagle head pics i found on the web, taking some things from on . another form another one, etc and a little self drawing as well… with some tweaks and changes. Then just painted by hand… They are going to add framed pics of those who serve(d) in the various branches on the wall around the display

5 Likes

It looks really amazing, Good Job

1 Like

Huh. I think I like the height of the T, it seems correct in comparison to the F, even if the flourishes probably hint that it should go the other way like @smcgathyfay said.

3 Likes

Very nice and great idea/tribute! We always see the imperfections, but only because we alone know what it should be :slight_smile:

4 Likes

An art teacher once told me that there are no imperfections, just happy accidents. We just have to look at them in the right way.

4 Likes

So… If you apply transitive property to that…
My kids are works of art! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Your eagle is stunning! Beautiful work!

1 Like

I seem to recall the perspective " always have at least one mistake so as not to offend the gods by attempting perfection" . I have always been very inoffensive.

4 Likes

Wonderful display, you did a marvelous job on it!

1 Like

The complete piece it’s fantastic! I would not know the “t” wasn’t how you planned (even though you pointed it out). I just looks so great. You hand-cut the eagle? Wow!