Parts melted while trying to cut acrylic

As I was cutting acrylic but my machine started to smoke and make weird noises. I go and turn off the machine and unplug it. Upon inspection, it looks like pieces were melted. I don’t know what to do.

Turning it off and unplugging it was exactly the right thing. :+1:
(Don’t try to run it again until someone from Support contacts you. This opened a ticket for you.)

Where was the smoke coming from?

1 Like

From the whole machine. Good thing I was in the room. I went to take apart the machine to see if there was any damage and this is what I saw

Yeah, looks like the acrylic caught fire. Good for you that you were in the room to stop it…you likely prevented a great deal more damage to the machine.

Support might want to see some more pictures to evaluate the extent of the damage, and that might take a while before you hear from them…it takes time to arrange for replacement parts. But you stopped it before the damage was worse.

(Just wait to hear from them.)

2 Likes

You should never leave the laser unattended. It looks like you had a small fire.

3 Likes

Oh man, that’s the pits. :confused: Sorry you’re having to deal with it, but at least you were close enough to mitigate the fire and keep the damage to a minimum. Good luck and I hope they can get your fixed up!

1 Like

I never leave the room for that exact reason.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Thanks Jules! Thanks for responding

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve ran into trouble during a print. I also see that you’ve reached out to us directly via email. I’ve sent over the next best steps in response to that email. I’ll close this thread for now, but we’ll do our best to get you back up and printing as soon as possible.

1 Like