Pass through beta help

Hi I have a glowforge pro. I was wondering how do I get the pass through beta? Minds just says pro pass through. I tried to make a name sign with Home Depot plywood 8x34 inches some parts cut all the way through and some didn’t. Can someone tell how to fix it.

Not sure what you mean by the pass thru Beta. There is no difference. The reason your plywood didn’t cut thru in spots is because plywood, not Proofgrade, is notoriously bad for consistent results. The glue and voids in normal plywood is not kind to laser cutting. Happens all the time.

3 Likes

I get my plywood cut into 19"x 48" as there are exactly 5 of them (plus kerf) on a full sheet. No type is perfect though the Russian Baltic Birch is near the best and regular Birch the worst of what they carry.

I have had good luck with the Oak plywood but have to pick from as many as 30 sheets to find those with the fewest knots, and those knots will not cut well, and they are high in crud… The so called Revolution Plywood has the fewest issues (other than Baltic birch) but is short on strength and looks.

1 Like

Hi @kenzeennicole. Since this problem is being seen on materials from another vendor, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual section to continue the discussion and advice from fellow Glowforge owners. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

Also, I received your support email, and just sent a separate follow up email. Please check your inbox for that response. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.