Passthrough Seems to focus incorrectly

well crap. just a thought. hope it get resolved quickly

Thank you so much for running those tests.

I’ll update the investigation and let you know when I have more.

Quickly checking in to say we’re still looking into this. I’ll update this thread when I have any new information, or again next week… whichever comes first.

Thanks. The workaround is still working for now.

We’ve made an update that we believe addresses this. This should apply to all saved settings, old and new.

Can you run a test and let me know if the change has fixed this issue for you?

To be clear, this is just the issue regarding manual vs auto focus applying as expected to saved settings.

I’m still looking into the other issue you’re seeing with the apparent discrepancy between manual and autofocus settings.

Thanks again for your help investigating this!

I can confirm that my original issue is fixed by this update. I tried brand new manual setting, an old saved setting, and a new save setting. All seemed to work just fine, all cut through completely.

However, there is a new bug (although less concerning), the UI when going between cuts of the passthrough are mis-aligned. However, if I trust it, and continue, it cuts perfectly. So the machine is being told the right alignment, but the UI shown is off. Below is an example, but it cut just fine even though it was largely off in the UI. (Note, it originally used to show just fine and my machine doesn’t appear to be misaligned based on other recent cuts.)

Thank you for confirming that settings update worked for you!

I checked into the logs for that print, and it looks like the head was bumped between the two prints which contributed to the preview in the app being incorrect. In most cases, that would have affected the print alignment as well, but interestingly, even though the head was bumped, the print still printed with correct alignment because it was a passthrough print.
In a couple different cases, the preview in the app does not work as expected, even while the prints come out well. We’re seeing that too and we’re looking into it.

If you have other examples of the preview being in unexpected ways, I’d be happy to include them in the investigation.

Ok. I’ll try it with a new cut soon. Thanks for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.