Patience is a virtue, but I'm going nuts waiting

When I initially purchased at the beginning of April I got the three day expedited shipping and it showed up a day early. However, two weeks later the power supply failed and I had to send it back. The replacement was supposed to arrive one week later. It got to the local warehouse four days into that week, but the FedEx warehouse management’s incompetence combined with added pressure from COVID resulted in it taking 8 days to make it the last 15 miles to my house.

I was supposed to have my back repaired over a year ago, and the current situation makes me figure another year is likely. And I get a baseball bat to the back many times every day while waiting. Not being able to play with the Glowforge is easy (I waited over a month for the Glowforge repair)

Anyone tell you that you’re an absolute hoot? :blush:

2 Likes

like an owl? :owl:

2 Likes

I remember all that.
My friends would ask me how that laser was working out.
I would reply, it has not been shipped yet (and they know how excited I was way back when).
Silence. Darting eyes. Change of subject into the pregnant pause.

Friends let you wander off into the weeds at times. That is why they are friends.

7 Likes

Also signing up for UPS and FedEx notifications is helpful as:

You order from GF
GF passes order to company that builds
They fill the order, create shipping label.
Notification goes to shipper and GF(and you if you signed up)
Maybe you get the laser before GF tells you.
GF gets around to sending you a message.
Maybe you get the laser after.

GF communication is known to be…slow. Sign up and you may know before they do.

3 Likes

As stated above, GF support doesn’t ship product, or know when your product will ship. The estimate is based on periodic updates on stock quantities provided to them.

The company that does the assembly sends them out when a machine is available, It would be ideal if that company had a system to provide more accurate information, but they don’t.

3 Likes

I waited 2 1/2 years for mine and it was worth it.

4 Likes

I ordered mine on a Sunday and it was delivered the following Wednesday. I remember because I was working my booth at the farmers market and my husband called me all excited. I didn’t pay for upgraded shipping either.

6 Likes

No kidding. They can certainly improve their internal and external logistics to make buying a GF a more memorable experience for their customers.

1 Like

For most, it is. They’ve sold over 23,000 of them.

1 Like

Mine was supposed to have been delivered today, according to GF, but I have yet to receive any tracking info. I’ve been emailing them daily since last week to ask. This evening they sent me an email saying it will be delayed due to the shipper, but no additional info yet. :grimacing:

This might come as news, but many businesses aren’t operating at full capacity here in the US right now, particularly shipping operations.

4 Likes

I ordered 11 sheets from E-street plastics on May 2 and when I finally got through after many tries and was told it “should” get shipped this week. I finally ordered more today from Glowforge. We will see which gets here first. My bet is the :proofgrade:

1 Like

I’m sure they will, at some point. But maybe not during a pandemic when EVERYONE is struggling just to figure out how to continue business as usual. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Try BF Plastics. Everything I’ve ordered has shipped the next business day and I’ve gone through hundreds of sheets of different acrylic.

I feel bad for the UPS lady - those boxes are heavy.

1 Like

Too late now but will keep in mind.

PG is taking about 4 days for me (vs. 2 days before the meltdown…)

I’ve actually gotten my last 2 proofgrade orders a lot quicker. Out to NYS it used to take at least 10 days from when I ordered. Now it has taken just half that.

I would win that bet as they are out for delivery today and still no sign from E-street