Patterns Not Cutting Correctly

We’ve had our GF for a few months now and have had a blast creating with it. Recently, we started noticing some issues with regards to cutting out and engraving patterns. Cuts are going through everywhere, but the focus or something seems to be shifted. We cleaned all of our lenses and the camera as per the instructions and re-calibrated the camera but still consistently have issues on the left side, especially on the lower half.

Initially, patterns were shifted, but after calibration we are getting cuts very close to where they were planned.

The second picture has the cut moved in the GFUI and you can see where the issues are. Basically, the design is getting warped and not connecting. Again, this issue seems to be isolated to left side and bottom of the bed. The upper right comes out nicely.

Does anyone know what might be the issue or how it could be resolved? Thanks in advance!

Check your belts to make sure they are properly tight and also make sure your material is held down. I see a lot of movement in your calibration patterns. I suspect your belts are getting loose.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! We are still new to all this, but this solution worked in minutes. Thanks so much for the suggestions. We really appreciate it!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble and weren’t getting the results you expected from your prints. It’s great to see that the advice offered by one of our other community members got you back up and printing. Thank you @ben1!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.