Paused Job Machine turned off & won't calibrate

Hi newbie here. I paused a job (my sa to make dinner and forgot to restart it and ended up going to bed. My daughter woke up at 6AM saw that it was on and turned it off. Now it won’t calibrate. I cleaned the lens, checked the connections and checked to see if any little crumbs were stuck anywhere. Don’t know what else to try. I did contact support. Any tips?

1 Like

Try this. Turn it off. Move the head so that the Glowforge logo is directly under the camera. Turn it back on. (From what I’ve heard, if the machine gets lost, showing the camera the logo helps it know where it is and then it can find home again…)

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It worked. :smiley:

Yay that you’re working again!

FYI: Posting here also contacts support - you should do one or the other not both because you opened two tickets and it turns out you didn’t need either :slight_smile: If you want to post to the community without opening a ticket you can post in Everything Else instead.

1 Like

This!! So much this!!! I know it is posted at the top of the page in P&S, but it would be SOOOOO much more effective if, a person clicks “Add Topic” within P&S. At the top of the text editor window, it should say “OPENING A NEW TOPIC IN THIS SECTION OPENS A NEW SUPPORT TICKET WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED US, PLEASE USE THAT LINE OF COMMUNICATION INSTEAD. ALSO, TO POST TO THE COMMUNITY, PLEASE USE THE “EVERYTHING ELSE” CATEGORY”
I just feel that 99% of the people see the Add Topic button and go straight to it, it is so obvious, and they never read the text at the top of the screen, because it looks just like the text at the top of EVERY screen.
Sorry…that is my rant for the day.

1 Like

Hello @raquelmangonegonzale, I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you @linefeed for the answer!

Since the issue is resolved now, I’m going to close this thread. I will close the email ticket you opened with us as well.

If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!