Peacocks for my sister

yes

Absolutely gorgeous!! Maybe someday your sister can visit East Tennessee and feed free range peacocks barbecue potato chips.

A few years back , my husband and I were visiting the Museum of Appalachia. This incredible place is only 18 miles away from our home. Through the years we have visited the museum dozens of times but this is the first time a peacock approached us.

We had arrived at the museum and my husband got out of our car and was finishing a bag of chips. When the peacock saw my husband with the chips, he ran towards my husband and looked at my husband with puppy dog eyes.

We could not resist both of us fed the peacock a few chips.

This exquisite and regal part of Mother Nature was so friendly and gentle.

According to the museum staff the peacocks are beyond friendly because people feed them.

This is a screenshot of the long video I took as my husband was feeding the peacock.

5 Likes

well, DON’T BE A TEASE! and tell us details,

what kind of wood? what where your settings? problems?

TELL US!!! :slight_smile:

Jonathan

1 Like

From the start, I have been thinking of making mood lights but they do not hold a candle to those made by others. There are even several in the catalog including one of mine

That particular one was posted about here…

2 Likes

" Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."

:frowning:

1 Like

Sorry old link

1 Like

so I made TWO!! let my SISTER figure out which one she likes!!

(the lower one was 4 scored) (and 7 years ago)

Jonathan

5 Likes

Both very nice, but the two-toned color on the top is especially beautiful . :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Indeed the two-toned is also my favorite.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

I like the original most. Because of the color and there appears to be a partial score line on the top/left/bottom but not the right side. But but the second also looks darker score lines than the first which I also like. Maybe it’s the lighting.

1 Like

Going to the Museum of Appalachia is on our to-do list. Didn’t actually realize it was so close to us, just an hour. Hmm… Is there a best time of year to go, as far as what may be going on there? We’d seen it on a Tennessee program, but that was a few years ago (and we still haven’t gone!) and I don’t quite remember what all was there.

1 Like

OH MY! I have been busy… My latest version (its still in progress)

(metallic acrylic pen coloring on base)

6 Likes

That is going to be absolutely gorgeous!!

1 Like

I would recommend a weekday visit when the weather is a little cooler— September or October. Arrive early and wear comfortable shoes. Have a backpack with cold water and snacks.

The museum’ s board of directors (wealthy no brain idiots) did something horrible and unbelievable a few years back —-they ended the museum’s Fall Homecoming. This museum event was held for 38 years. Musicians, artists, and Southern food vendors were at the museum for a week.

All food vendors and artists could only sell or make items that did not require modern technology to produce.

1 Like

So much work. . . . .

6 Likes

THINGS I HAVE REALIZED – do the coloring by hand as the LAST STEP - this way any mickey mouse can be sanded down, before the 8 hrs of intensive work!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love it! :fire:

That’s patience. I would’ve cut the whole thing out then glued a piece of printed paper or spray painted wood behind it… but I hate painting and coloring, I’m quite awful at it.

2 Likes

But so beautiful!