Pentecost and other liturgical emblems

Last year I did a series of large designs to fit into the palms in the sanctuary. I missed Pentecost last year, so I had to make up for it this year. My art and environment coordinator is a great collaborator on these projects. She comes up with the ideas and the encouragement. I make them on the Glowforge, and then she does her decoration magic to make them pop.

This is three layers of acrylic. Red satin backing and gold paint on the engraved borders. White satin for the dove.

Side view for perspective on construction.

Thick acrylic parts. I made the size to fit in the width of the Glowforge. One time I could have used a pass through, although they are big enough to fit where they are.

Immaculate Heart of Mary

Corpus Christi

fleur de lis for for Trinity Sunday

32 Likes

Those are some beautiful accent pieces. That dove is wonderful! :grinning:

2 Likes

For the life of me I couldn’t figure out what to call them. Not being much of an interior decorator (my office is in late American copy paper and my bedroom is vintage dirty clothes), I was at a loss for what to name them. Thanks!!!

7 Likes

:rofl: Ahh! Something we have in common.

1 Like

These are all as impressive as we’ve come to expect from you.

3 Likes

Oh wow, those are gorgeous pieces! It seems to be a very effective collaboration. Maybe you will have another passthrough worthy project to run on my Pro on your next visit!

2 Likes

Beautiful work! By all means continue to collaborate!

1 Like

Those are really lovely. I am sure everyone at your church appreciates all that work.

1 Like

wow that came out amazing!

1 Like

Icons! Lovely and liturgical. Great work for a great cause!

1 Like