Perfect Alignment Every Time - The Fiducial Alignment Ruler (design in post)

Youll need snapmarks enabled on your machine for this to be useful. if you have snapmarks enabled, youll see a magnet on the toolbar. If thats the case, you can cut this file, and then follow the instructions in the post to use it to align you materials and cuts.

good luck!

4 Likes

I was wondering how we could make our numbers black. It looks like you simply used a marker. #nobrainer :sweat_smile:

Dry erase markers work wonders for stuff like this

2 Likes

Good tip! Our acrylic ruler just feels like its missing something lol Also, we used scotch tape to keep the magnets in place, there were some good alternate solutions within this feed. We used what we had on hand :woman_shrugging:

Yes, and at the rate they are going it could take another year. :wink:

1 Like

I take no responsibility for something that was in process more than 8 months ago. Why on earth they announced it to the whole community while keeping it limited to a fairly small set of machines is beyond me.

5 Likes

The announcement was a pretty bad move. It would have been best to provide it to their favorite users and have them sign an NDA. That way they would have been able to announce it when it was ready for production and it would have create buzz rather than angering all the people that won’t see it any time soon.

1 Like

I’d imagine it’s more complicated than just saying here’s some favorite users, sign a NDA.

It’s not like this is a small program. To collect meaningful data across a variety of users and machines you need a larger simple size than 50-100.

Get 500-1000 people involved - you now have good data from a good sample size, and the NDA wouldn’t matter. It would have slipped out - slip of the tongue, screenshots, etc.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this invaluable tool!

1 Like

Alignment has been a stressful issue for me! I’m not trying to being incredibly obtuse, but I don’t seem to have “snapmarks” and I just bought my pro last month? Are the snapmarks someplace special??

2 Likes

Snapmarks has been discontinued at this time. It was a beta thing and not all machines even had it. Some that had them lost them when they had to have their machine replaced. Have you run the calibration process…and are you using set focus?

3 Likes

I haven’t run the calibration process and actually have no idea what it is. Man, if it could help me know where to put my wood on the bed just to cut a simple circle, I would make you a plate of the most delicious cookies ever!

2 Likes

Allow me to get in on that action…just follow the instructions at the link below:

https://app.glowforge.com/maintenance/camera-recalibrator

7 Likes

Wow…you are superhero fast. I just had my key poised to paste that in here. Thanks, Jules.

5 Likes

Uh-oh…I see @Xabbess is coming after me for stealing her cookies. (Don’t let that friendly demeanor fool you.) :smile:

4 Likes

You’ll have to give those cookies to the fastest among us…and that would be Jules. :smile:

4 Likes

First the cake and now you’re stealing cookies too? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

No, @shop got the cake. Man, a gal has got to scramble around here to grab a treat.

2 Likes

Well…I guess so! I need to up my game here!

1 Like

I’ll share. (Just wanted to taste the most delicious cookies ever. In my mind, that’s a Ranger cookie.)

2 Likes