Personalized photo frames for $1 + :Glowforge:

Michael’s had craft frames on sale last week for $1 a pack (1-3 items, depending). My sister-in-law asked me to make a graduation present for a family friend, so I came up with this…

Engraved at 1/335/240, approx 13 minutes, then stained, shellaced, and buffed with 0000 steel wool.

My wife liked it, so made this for her sister.

I have a stack of these frames with various cutouts ready for the next last-minute request. :wink:

61 Likes

Those would make it easy. Think I need to make a trip to Michaels.

5 Likes

That’s a great thing to have laying around for a quick last minute personalize gift.

6 Likes

Very cool!

7 Likes

If you do, be sure to sign up for their loyalty card. 40% off regular priced item (1 per trip) + bonus coupons.

8 Likes

my wife loves to make wreaths, so already done :smile:[quote=“dwardio, post:5, topic:8087, full:true”]
If you do, be sure to sign up for their loyalty card. 40% off regular priced item (1 per trip) + bonus coupons
[/quote]

6 Likes

Those look great! I van see you doing a lot of those on the spot.

3 Likes

Awesome! The ability to personalize something like this is priceless!

6 Likes

Oh I like these, they’d be a bit more from :proofgrade:but a lot less work.

5 Likes

Those came out fantastic ! Is the black added or just the “engrave burn” ? Looks very crisp !! (as in clean). Beautiful job !!

5 Likes

Proofgrade is much better quality than the ply they used and wouldn’t have taken much longer (maybe gluing two layers in order to get the photo pocket on the back), but for a buck I didn’t see how I could go wrong. :wink:

The only added colorant were two coats of pecan stain to both pieces. As an experiment, the top one was engraved then stained, and the bottom one was stained then engraved – didn’t seem to matter (as expected, given Proofgrade performance).

6 Likes

I plan on using the Glowforge to print a bunch of scriptures as well! This is awesome!

5 Likes

Those are just lovely! (Saw them this morning and apparently neglected to comment.)

They would be great for a confirmation gift. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Perfect! simple, beautiful, thoughtful, and quick!

2 Likes

Great Idea, thanks for sharing … now off to Michaels

1 Like