PG Acrylic cake topper

My step father in-laws birthday is Saturday. I made an engraved cutting board as my first project a couple months ago with the millennium falcon on it. But decided I had to do something more. His license plate is below. I copied it with help from google images and some photo shop to create a matching cake topper. My only regret is using an actual license plate image. The bottom right of the cake topper is not clear, because there was a shadow in the image. Another lesson learned. :slightly_frowning_face:

Fortunately I did learn from my last acrylic lesson to invert the image and engrave on the back.

36 Likes

Great work very inventive! I personally think the shadow adds something to it, makes it look more realistic somehow, if that even makes sense?

6 Likes

This is really neat! Great idea!

1 Like

Excellent! I predict he will love it!

1 Like

What a fantastic idea for a cake topper! (Might have to borrow that idea for DH next year, he’s impossible to surprise.)

3 Likes

That is an ingenious idea! The shadow only makes it look more realistic.

3 Likes

Da Hubs?

1 Like

Dear Husband. (Generally, although I do understand that depending on context, that “D” can stand for some other word.)

I spent a few years on a scrapbooking forum that was 99.999% female. (There were 3 very intrepid guys and about 14,000 gals. We came up with that abbreviation. (And no one ever had a bit of trouble interpreting the meaning at any time.) :smile:

5 Likes

Yep I was in a local and a remote scrapbooking group at one time ---- DH was a common expression used online AND on our weekend get a ways … depending on context you could always tell which word the D stood for. walk down memory lane… :wink:

2 Likes

In male dominated forums such as the Dodge Hellcat one I frequent, the term for wives is “SWMBO.” “She Who Must Be Obeyed.” Generally used in a passing reference to the partner placing spending limits on guys who would readily dump $10,000 in speed parts into a $5,000 car.

4 Likes

First I saw that was back on the Rumpole of the Bailey BBC series :slight_smile:

Most of my cohorts use the term “The Pentagon” :wink:

3 Likes

I love that phrase…(“Rumpole”). :smile:

1 Like

Hum, who here uses SWMBO quite a bit?

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=swmbo

2 Likes

Detecting a pattern/trend :sunglasses:

1 Like