PG material not finished

I made a half dozen business card holders the other day, and while assembling noticed that one side of both the walnut and cherry pg was not finished. I guess I’ll have to start peeling back a little of the paper to check before I cut from now on. Anyone else had this problem??

1 Like

Not that exact problem, but some time ago, I went through my entire stack of PG woods and did just that…peeled back enough paper to see what the finish looked like. My reason, which as I said is a different one, is that some of my stock is getting old. I had made something one time and noticed that the finish was getting sort of pebbley…not making it worthless, but also not making it the best for a really nice project. I just took a pen and noted any issues on the masking next to the bar code so I wouldn’t use a bad piece and regret it later. Sort of a pain, I know…but might be worth your while.

1 Like

Strange, I thought that was the finish sometimes as I’ve seen others past about it directly.

I like the idea of peeling it back to check out the finish, though. I’m definitely one of those that has noticed a difference, maybe not in the finish, but the colors vary.

1 Like

Our Proofgrade hardwoods and plywoods are natural products. This means no two boards are alike, as each board is endowed with a distinctive pattern and grain all its own. This may be what has happened here. Thanks for letting us know!