Phone Stand / Picture Frame

Got to design something again today. I have to say it “I love my Glowforge.” It has opened my mind to new ideas. I know I am not great like so many of the things I have seen on this site but I love to create and see and feel it. Came up with this idea, Phone Stand (not new) but mixing it with a photo frame I hadn’t seen before. I am sure it is out there somewhere! But I made a prototype yesterday but it was like 20 pieces glued together and just wasn’t as refined as I wanted so today I create version 2 and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. There will probably be a version 3, as I am never satisfied with my designs. I am getting better every day I get to play on my GF.

So pictured is version 1 - the big glue monster, and then version 2 and changed to a living hinge.

Hope you like it.

59 Likes

What a very elegant phone stand design!

6 Likes

Please, please…do not underestimate your Glowforge powers. This phone stand is amazing…and I hope you will share even more things that you make. It’s a really beautiful thing.

9 Likes

Thank You!

Your design evolved quickly and to an elegant finish. I like the idea of the phone stand serving double duty.

5 Likes

Thanks!

That is an excellent idea, and it is also very beautiful in design.

4 Likes

Wow! Elegant is the word on the living hinge one. That is beautiful!

3 Likes

Wonderful design!! Great work!!

2 Likes

It’s very stylish!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Than you so much!

That living hinge “wave” is beautiful, and even more impressive as a structural element holding the whole thing up. Kudos!

5 Likes

Thank You!

The living hinge really gives your stand a modern look that goes with just about anything you put on it. Super idea.

5 Likes

That’s really cool!! I want to make a desktop clock using a living hinge but have no clue how to create something like that! Great job. It’s beautiful!

4 Likes

This is something different! I love it, the first one is really nice but the living hinge one is really beautiful. Practical and beautiful at the same time!

4 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

Nice ‘new’ application after rounding up the usual suspects.

2 Likes

Oh wow, the design is outstanding! Living hinge looks lovely with that cool edge on it, and I love the concept of the photo frame. Most of the phone stands I see look so forlorn when there is no phone in them, which is most of the time.

3 Likes