Photo engrave fails

I have a fairly simple file of a friend that I was trying to engrave; it’s just a photo with a cut line around it. I did it, and it engraved fine (well it was a bit light on contrast), so I increased the contrast on the photo and re-stuck it back in the SVG in illustrator. I now get an error when it goes to slice the image for printing (error occurred around 8:40pm EST if that helps to find the error log):

I got this error several times in one night, and it was on files that I had used in the past, so I don’t think it was an issue with that…I reset my wifi , rebooted my 'puter and GF and had no further issues. Don’t know if anything I did helped, or it was just a temporary network issue…

Yeah, I just retried it, and it worked… always concerning when repeating the exact operation on a computer produces different results.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for the trouble. I’m glad you were able to get it to print.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

Thank you so much for letting us know about this issue!

The team is continuing to look into it.

Can you please let us know if you see this error again?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread, but I wanted to follow up before we close it. I extracted your recent machine logs and It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to run some engraves recently. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if the error has reoccured?

Seems OK now

I’m glad to hear that everything is working as expected now! I’m going to close this thread. If the trouble re-occurs, please let us know and we’ll be happy to assist.