Photo etching

Wow, I have tried many ways of getting this picture edited so I could practice Inkscape and glowforge… Seem’s everything I do, from bitmap, convert to grey, lighten, darken, nothing comes up on glowforge. Well it doe’s come up on glowforge but when scanned all I see is red, when there is actually a picture I put in glowforge through inkscape as an svg…what am I doing wrong??? Been working on this off and on for days trying to figure it out.

1 Like

The GF UI shows where it will engrave, not necessarily details. It will be engraving across the entire image, hence a large red ‘thing’.
Can be used as a final placement guide once you are aware of the limits.

Find some scrap and cut it loose. See what your attempts have produced then move on from there.

1 Like

That picture should engrave real well. I lighten my pictures in Window and choose slate enhancement and adjust it to a lighter image. I then import it to Glowforge & it will show kind of red in color but engraves great. You may need to practice on a smaller scale so you don’t waste wood.

3 Likes

Try this one.

8 Likes

You are very nice to help someone with their picture so quickly.

4 Likes

You may know it, but be sure to put a single color outlined frame around it to allow a cut. Will be impossible to cut later without a preset jig.

3 Likes

thanks, I’ll check it out :wink:

1 Like

Looked great! Thanks!

1 Like

looked great on a practice sheet… thank you! :grinning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.