Photo not engraving only putting on the protective tape

Any suggestions? I am using PG materials Thick Cherry Plywood, did 2 passes on picture chose HD photo on the first Draft Photo on the 2nd and all it did was print it on the adhesive paper - not even a scratch on the wood. Wasted over an hour! I would think if I am using the PG settings for the PG material it should at least go into the wood and not just the paper. Feeling disappointed! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check your power setting–it may have reverted to “1” since you’ve changed the type of engraving.

1 Like

What are the actual settings? Click on the little arrow to the right to show them.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 13.32.22

2 Likes

Thanks, I will try this!

1 Like

Also, it’s better not to use masking when engraving, because you lose a lot of fine detail. :blush:

2 Likes

I use it all the time, but never had it only print on the PG protective paper prior to this. Clearly something didn’t work right

Understand about this particular print. I was just suggesting in general that you not use masking for engraves, because you lose detail to the masking. Try a small engraving with and without it so you can see the difference. :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble.

@eflyguy provided some great advice! I’d like to take a look at the results of the print you hit the snag with. Would it be possible to post the results of the print if you are still running into the same behavior?

Once we can review the results, I’ll send over the next best steps.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.