Photography Showcase

Hi, Everyone here is a maker and laser artist but I know there must a number of you that are also photographers. I thought it would be fun to see other people’s photos.

I’ll start:
I’m a hobbyist photographer and I love this time of the year because I’m currently into nature photography (mostly macro) and where I live there is a lot to shoot right now. Here are a few photos I’ve taken in the last week or two.

30 Likes

i really like photography but have fallen out of the hobby the last 8 yrs or so. Also lost about 80% of my photos when a hardrive fell off a table while i was reformatting my pc heh oh well.
Nothing fancy but this is the kind of stuff i like to take pics of.

21 Likes

I like the silhouetted caterpillar and there are a million mushrooms to shoot. Loosing all my photos is a real fear of mine. I keep three copies in different places.

4 Likes

Thx :slight_smile: was just a caterpillar ontop of a tree stump on the local walking paths. it was painted orange which worked out nice for the background. I love close up pics and macro scenes like the bugs in your photos, finding some small life or world and bringing it to frame can be very satisfying. I wish i was more diligent with my photos before that i lost but live and learn right. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I love the photos both of you have shared. Our planet can truly be a thing of beauty through the right lens. Thanks for posting these.

3 Likes

I’m all over the map.

15 Likes

I have about 125,000 images in my library, about 1/4 are of my daughters equestrian career…

13 Likes

Great shots. I love to experiment and learn about everything Photography.

1 Like

That car photo! I love everything about it. Perfect

2 Likes

I really like the green snake. It was perhaps the earliest thing that got me interested in Science though I never found one in the wild.

A random selection of mine that I still have
natx

![PICT0039|666x500]
(upload://9lzIVyBDb1b2JYVwcYd0m9AYyvo.jpeg)

Picture238_04Oct07

13 Likes

A green snake similar to that would be a cause for alarm where I grew up, but they are extremely reclusive and not aggressive (unlike the black variety). I only saw one Mamba in the wild.

4 Likes

The US was very lucky that way. Only three species that did not give fair warning and Coral Snakes are reclusive and small mouth and bright colors leaving only two.

Only Ireland, and New Zealand fared better without extreme cold assist.

3 Likes

Dogs are my most common theme, but I love photographing all subjects! (As you can tell by how many photos I’m spamming you all with :stuck_out_tongue: )

14666311_1279555852075786_5917236570374546144_n

z

602034_621259601238751_810918332_n

16 Likes

What an incredible thread! It’s been a while, but I’m into drone photography. Simple enough to set up and fly in a pretty wide radius to get shots that would otherwise be impossible to grab.

Handful of favorites. Actually flew my drone for the first time in a while yesterday, I forget how fun it is to see what’s going on from just a couple of hundred feet up.

15 Likes

I’ve usually done a lot of nature shots, but every so often I get some fun photo experiences.

This one was from a music video shoot I worked on a couple years ago, where they shot it in an abandoned jean factory near Rome, Georgia. I was the set photographer that day (while a different crew was there for the actual filming).

Most shots are more nature though:

13 Likes

Makes my knees and back really hurt just to see that. :cold_sweat:

Really amazing photos by everyone!

2 Likes

I’m also all over the place! Going through photos always makes me want to do something with them and the :glowforge: but there are only so many hours in the day :stuck_out_tongue:

DominicaRainForest7

8 Likes

Thanks for these. I especially like the jellyfish.

1 Like

What’s funny is I hate jellyfish, with a passion, but the Monterey Bay Aquarium had an exhibit and my hubby asked if I’d take some good shots for him. The 2" plexi helped but…those things are evil.

3 Likes

Agree. Pretty to look at but pain waiting for a victim.