Settings i used here (instead of MoaG)
i can share some settings with you, but honestly, the body there is a different material (that looks like it has a lacquered finish) and the settings i used for the pickguard were very specific to the bitmap that i used. I did a lot of testing of different variations of the bitmap with editing in photoshop.
the guitar body i engraved on was okoume, which is similar to poplar in the hardness scale. so i started with proofgrade poplar settings and dialed it back just a little. since i have no idea what kind of wood that guitar is or how much it would take to get through that lacquer coating, i have no way of knowing what would work for that body. i’ve only engraved unfinished wood bodies.
the pickguard was 1/16" black acrylic, done at 400/full power (basic)/225/vary. but, again, that was very dependent upon the image i used and i ran 7-8 small 1’ square tests to make sure i had both the contrast in the image and settings the way i wanted.
it’s really important to have something to test on that’s either the same material or very close.