Picture frame (yes, more cuneiform…)

My husband had the awesome idea of using the cuneiform sign for “mother” as a picture frame. The rectangular shape gives a good space for the photo :grin:
Walnut veneer over birch, with a maple back plate. No picture yet, I need to get one printed!

41 Likes

This looks beautiful.

4 Likes

Nice combination of materials and attention to details. I doesn’t necessarily need a photo.

4 Likes

Beautiful! Is there anywhere on the web that there is a English to Cuneiform dictionary for Idiots?

5 Likes

Yes, kind of! This is the Sumerian language written in cuneiform script, and the best place for that is the electronic Pennsylvanian Sumerian dictionary: ePSD

6 Likes

2 Likes

If you’re looking for something specific and can’t get ePSD to behave, message me :smiley: Happy to help.

3 Likes

This is stunning. Can’t wait to see what you do next.

4 Likes

Oh, wow. What a great idea!

4 Likes

Specifically having it under my hat for when it would be handy. Was watching the life of Cezanne and they talked of him naming all his paintings in Tahitian because it looked cool and nobody in Paris was able to translate them, but when they did translate them they realized how he was really thinking. :smirk:

6 Likes

Very beautiful!

2 Likes

What a great idea from your husband and wonderful execution on your part making the idea real. I love it.

4 Likes

Very nice! Glad you explained it though, or I’d of just thought it was a nice frame. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks really nice with the contrasting wood.

3 Likes