Pinbox 3000

I saw these guys at maker faire. It looked really cool. I think we could cut a bunch of accessories for it using the GF.

They are on their last day of Kickstarter, and they need help. Go check them out.

22 Likes

I got a bunch of units during the first kickstarter, love them. As do the kids (11-year-old was a beta tester). You could laser accessories, and you could also GF a replacement playfield our of stronger material (on my list so that I can doozy one up with servos and leds and solenoids oh my). Anyone here who doesn’t have one definitely needs at least one!

2 Likes

I like the part where the Willy Wonka man says “cardboard instant-toot.”

I really want to make one of these.

1 Like

This looks like a really cool setup. I am a huge fan of pinball!

2 Likes

So am I. Believe that I can create a much reliable set by using Powerful GF.

1 Like

Pinball! The other way to meditate besides TM in the '70s.

2 Likes

I saw and was intrigued by these at Maker Faire as well!

1 Like

What the heck, I went in for a $28 package ($40 with shipping!). Looked kind of fun. I will like customizing it.

2 Likes

Same - I got in with 71 minutes left.

That’s great, shame I missed it by a day.
I remember taking a card board box lid, like the kind for printer paper. I would pull the tabs apart for one end and pretend those were the flippers and toss in a marble, presto my very own pinball machine.

4 Likes

Thanks for helping put them over the top. Didn’t think they’d make it for awhile.

1 Like

Yeah, it did not look too good just 36 hours ago. I backed them for 2 kits (so the kids can do “battle mode”).

5 Likes

Battle mode is fun. Although the term is a little misleading – on a lot of playfields it’s more like a cooperative thing passing the marbles back and forth.

You did not see my kids playing with it :slight_smile:

Their sibling rivalry really came out and it was the first person to get rid of all his marbles that would win.

4 Likes