Pine Cone Counting Trophy

Cute little trophy for my neighbours’ grand-daughter.

37 Likes

Send that child over to my house. I have 10 Eastern White Pines that are over 100 feet.

5 Likes

Wow - she counted over 600 that day but it sounds like you would have considerably more!

4 Likes

For a few years, we would gather the pinecones and put them in plastic boxes. The boxes would be placed at the end of our driveway There would be a sign that reads free pinecones. We did that for about for 5 or 6 years.

Not one person ever took the pinecones or even just take even one pinecone.

5 Likes

Wow that’s very surprising! I would have thought people would take them for sure…

2 Likes

There are two elementary schools maybe 2 miles away from the house. I even contacted them and suggested they would be great for arts and crafts.

That was a hard no from both of the schools. Many years ago my sister-in-law suggested I make pinecone crafts and sell them.

I guess if things do not work out as a World Famous Glowforge Catalog Designer —- I will start the side hustle as a pinecone artist.

7 Likes

Of course things will work out as a World Famous Glowforge Catalogue Designer!

2 Likes

Love it!!! The 3D effect is perfect!

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might try reaching out to a local woodturning organization. They are likely to have at least one interested member who would take them off your hands.

Cast in epoxy resin, they make interesting blanks for pens, bottle stoppers, ice cream scoop handles and even bowls.

5 Likes

Pop those pine cones up on Etsy or EBay. I bet they will sell!

4 Likes

Luckily that rabbit :hole: only lasted about 10 min.

Yup a few for sale out there. Interesting. Even if you didn’t want to sell them. I wonder if you could supply someone who did.

3 Likes