Pineapple Pattern Earrings

It’s funny the way creativity works, right? One second I’ve got a design in my head, I work on it for a couple of hours, and then “finish” it. My wife looks at them and says something about the design, and makes me add to it. Then, during that be process, I start thinking of the possibilities, and come up with these.

I liked the way they turned out, so I decided to make them in Maple, cherry, and walnut PG ply. I have a few other ideas, but I told myself I need to continue following through on the current ideas, otherwise I’ll just have a pile of prototypes and a handful of finished things…which is exactly what I already have :sweat_smile: The earrings I was designing and testing when I thought of these need some tweaking, so I guess I had better go back to those :thinking:

35 Likes

you mention pineapple pattern and I am thinking…

3 Likes

These are awesome. Your design process is familiar.:grinning:

4 Likes

Really nice engraving on those. I hope they sell well!

2 Likes

Always get wife’s input.

3 Likes

Kewl! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Ah, I can see how you would think that! I haven’t delved into the 3D engraving at all, but I think the pineapple texture would make a really cool engrave!

Well it’s a lot easier to convince my wife we needed the GF when I make her new earrings almost every week :wink: Plus, as much as I think a design is cool, ultimately she knows if women will actually like them. I only know so much as a man!

5 Likes

Truly a Renaissance man!

2 Likes

Looking good. Always enjoy seeing your work.

2 Likes