Pinterst

I’m seeing a lot of sponsored Glowforge posts…but this one…lasering pumpkin pie? Is this a thing? I remember the original add with the chocolate which wasn’t quite as it seemed. Next time I do a thorough cleaning I’m going to try the marshmallow thing. Anyone know what pumpkin pie filling tastes like scorched? I love my Glowforge but this might be a little misleading.

9 Likes

Yeah, rather a lot of folks have lasered their pies. (Glowforge does recommend using a dedicated machine for it, but a lot of folks just did the pies, tortillas, candy, banana splits, rice grains and mustard seeds first before lasering other things.)

Makers will be makers. :smile:

9 Likes

Or after. Some of us ate dirt as children so don’t worry about laser cooties :wink:

18 Likes

I am a lot less worried when i layered the pie in the the same GF. Not like it is contact with the bed where all the nasty residue sits. That being said my pumpkin pie didn’t laser particularly well.

5 Likes

Ok…I guess I’m going to have to take a shot at laser it a pie

It’s that time of year again… 03/14/2019

1 Like

Good point.

I have not gone down that rabbit hole yet but have thought that making a stencil and dusting cinnamon powder, or better making a negative relief in Delrin and roll the pie crust for a positive relief would be permanent and not involve food in Glowforge problems. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I seem to recall the team tested both regular and vegan pumpkin pies, and the regular was significantly better. Your mileage may vary with different ingredients.

5 Likes

When will you release Proofgrade pumpkin pie filling?

7 Likes

It’s available in supermarkets. But it’s not very well labeled.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.