Pirate Mermaid

My wife and I are huge Pirates of the Caribbean fans (helps that I asked her to marry me on the atrraction). One of our favorite parts of it is the! portrait of a redheaded pirate lass (by animator/Imagineer Marc Davis) that hangs in the skeleton bar. Since Disney has never released a print of it, I decided to Glowforge up my version of it.

My wife had noticed that the foil bits on her once-a-day contact lens looked like mermaid scales and, thus, mine became a redhead pirate mermaid. It now hangs in our PotC-themed living room.

DSC_0019|500x500

50 Likes

Beautiful work! :heart_eyes: I see you have built several more things with the GF as well.

1 Like

Very cool!

I love that ride so much. A little piece of me died when they put Johnny Depp in it. Stop messing with my nostalgia!

I must need another coffee. I stopped at the PotC and my mind went off track completely.

4 Likes

Fabulously done! They are so close to identical, but I like the face on yours so much better and I can’t figure out why!

Love the upcycling of the contact lens covers!

2 Likes

Yeah, the Glowforge is inspirational. That’s the previous year’s Xmas gift to my wife. Here’s more about it, if you’re interested.

1 Like

Mine is closer to Marc’s original sketch than the final painting… I felt her look was more playful in that version.

1 Like

I thought it looked familiar :thinking:

Beautiful! Love the recycled lens scales!

1 Like

Very cool… Now I want a pirate mermaid… goes with my company name and logo pretty welllogo2

2 Likes

Your Arrrrtwork is beautiful.

2 Likes

It’s a pirates life for you.

1 Like

This posting is rated Rrrrr :pirate_flag:

5 Likes

When my last daughter was still processing (before her birth) her mother and I were trying to come up with names. I wanted to pick a name that sounded all piratey, …like a first name of Captain or a middle name of Hook or something silly. She, being more reasonable about such things, of course said no… so we agreed on Abigail Rylee Robertson…
She didn’t realize what I had done until she made the monogram plaque for the nursery… She’s still a little mad about that one…

10 Likes