Plain Valentine Heart

Thank you for your generous share! This looks really nice!

1 Like

All the layers need to line up to glue the veneer on it and i used 4 cocktail sticks for it just to make it easier! so @bill.m.davis is right the bottom and all the layers have 4x 2mm holes in it.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for this! I’m making it now, though I have to admit the design has me a little bit confused, in terms of how the pieces are supposed to go together. I’m just assuming I’ll make a top and bottom (ignoring one of the steps, since they need not to have the middle cut out) and enough middle pieces to stack up to the height of the veneer. (There seem to be extras)

Edit: Ah, I think I figured it out. I wasn’t considering the veneer on the top of the “box”. (Not the box top)

3 Likes

I started the box with the diamond holes in the lid, but I didn’t like it much.

So I decided to use the veneer on it and make a plain box. The sides of the veneer are a little bit bigger so you need to sand it down a bit so it looks nice and fit well together. The new top is twice the veneer thinness bigger. The bottom and the top the inner heart are just score lines.

Sorry for the confusion I am not really into making catalog files and projects. Just post the files as I made them.

3 Likes

Thanks! I found a way to put the pieces together that worked. :slight_smile: The alignment holes were very helpful. Good point about the top being larger – I’ve never done anything with veneer before, so I wouldn’t have realized that.

I put the cut-out inside of the veneer heart on the underside of the top so that the lid sits in place. (I’d include some photos but the box is currently filled with chocolate and covered in wrapping paper)

3 Likes

6 Likes

Nicely done. I hope the recipient likes it.

3 Likes

Great use of the cut out piece. I like it. :blush:

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Sweet! good to see the template used!

1 Like