Planetary square gears animated

Finally beginning to get some control over gear making. This video used gearify software.
A second planetary gear has triangular gears. What will they think of next!?

19 Likes

Seems the video did not work. Sorry. Efforts at reducing file size reduced file size too far …

1 Like

I see it. (Ballerinas and dinosaurs? I like the way you think!) :smile:

1 Like

My screen still shows a blank video …
Here’s a still. All 6 gears move in this configuration. Sun at center is motor driven, 4 planetary gears, and finally the ring gear.

23 Likes

Oh my gosh, I so love that!!!

1 Like

Very cool! The video worked for me when I clicked “open in new tab” and it was automatically downloaded.

1 Like

So very cool. I am inspired. Especially as the figures don’t need to centered on the planets.

1 Like

Amazing work!

Ohymygosh, fantastic!

Here is a video of the triangular planetary gears. This configuration has has all 6 gears moving. Since my compression seems to give a blank screen for me, a still shot is also included.
IMG_2567

My mp4 video of the second configuration with the ring gear stationary will not load.
Undoubtedly more pilot error.

5 Likes

Still trying to upload the video for the/uploads/db6859/original/3X/1/4/14acecc2f6508567e80502405bdf1159533b0041.mp4 second configuration of the triangular planetary gears:

For a first try at acrylics, here are two more photos of non-circular gears.
IMG_2575IMG_2579
I need to learn how to use colors to get more contrast.

4 Likes

Wow!

This is amazing!

What are you using for the motor? These look great BTW !!

The motor is a Cylewet Gear Motor ordered from Amazon. At 3 volts ( two AA batteries), it is too fast for most of the planetary gears models. About 2V is what is about right. Residents in my retirement home did not seem to notice the running gears until the dancing figures were added.

2 Likes

Very cool. One more thing on my list of GF projects. I need to quit my day job :slight_smile:

Let’s not forget to do some square gears, yeah?

#necrogame

2 Likes