Plano Storage Organizer

I have a bunch of Plano 3600 storage containers that I use to organize the metric hardware (socket head screws, mostly) that I use for various projects. I got tired of having to shuffle through the containers to get to the one I needed (which was inevitably on the bottom), so I used my GF and some scrap acrylic to make a little set of shelves to hold them. This lets me remove any of the Plano containers without disturbing the others.

42 Likes

Fantastic! Will make things so much easier.

I have been meaning to do this for my embossing powders.

5 Likes

Very nice! I love organization!!

6 Likes

I have stacks of wood in those kind of containers, and need to do something similar. Nice!

3 Likes

Thanks, and it was the simplest design.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the best things about having a GF. Being able to make things you need right from your own home. That looks great!

6 Likes

Boy that looks like some good scrap acrylic

6 Likes

Yes, except for the back, which is a piece of GF Proofgrade, it is all stuff I got from the TAP Plastics scrap bin.

I wish they had a store in AZ. They all appear to be farther north in CA. If they had one in San Diego, I might take a trip and do some sightseeing too.

You solved my biggest pet peeve with organizing bins! I hate unstacking them to get to what I need- this is a great fix!

6 Likes

Yes, they are great. They started in Oakland, and seem to have branched out north from there.

Those are the ones that work the best, usually. No shame in plain.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same ā€œIf THATā€™S scrap, I canā€™t imagine what your ā€˜regularā€™ stash looks like!ā€ :joy: (Just a little jealous over here. lol)

2 Likes

Awesome!! As someone who browses the aisles of The Container Store for fun, I truly appreciate this! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Sure, if you or someone wants the Fusion 360 CAD file, let me know. I didnā€™t post it because the design is so simple.

Nice! I was given some of these, but havenā€™t used them because they came in canvas cases that are difficult to use. These would be much better.

1 Like

You mean the Plano containers? They are nice, except that they donā€™t come with enough dividers to use all the compartments. I had to design a little 3D printable divider so that I could use the containers fully.

oh, the things I could do if I could only figure out that 3D printerā€¦

1 Like