Plans for lasered projects

I found this site that has some plans for purchase for laserable projects
http://cartonus.com
There are a few freebies too. The puppy brooch is adorable

15 Likes

yes it is sooo cute

1 Like

Im going to use the same concept and make other animals and make personalized light switch plates, bedroom door signs…idk…I’ll think of others for childrens rooms

3 Likes

imma make really tiny tiki masks now

2 Likes

Nice find!

2 Likes

Good to know where my students found that one.

Came in after a weekend and this was on my desk to let me know they had figured out a way to raster on our laser finally :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awww they must love you…:heart_eyes:

Just got in some 1/8" 3mm mdf. Had to try it out…:grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

I’m having fun today. Working on a kitty next :grin:

9 Likes

I am curious… are you selecting sheets of MDF which happen to be darker for the body layer, or are you rastering the whole thing?

1 Like

The dark layer is actually thin dense card board…
Just working out the designs then plan on using different materials for the final project…

3 Likes

Like the fox. Are you adding the name part yourself, or is that in the program?

1 Like

The fox is actually an original…just used the idea of the puppy for inspiration :grinning:

2 Likes

Very cute.

Thanks…I’m working on lots of other designs…:grinning:

I want a Glowforge so bad. It’s killing me, you folks who have lasers already. I’m going to take a break from building my bandsaw and make something with it.

4 Likes

The first use of your band saw?!
Cool!

Technically it has been used as a tool to produce something rather than just testing. I used it to cut out the curved trunnions for the table. I’m going to try my matchbox design using the bandsaw in place of a laser. I also have to do the obligatory reindeer figure that seems to be standard.

4 Likes

Cant wait to see your pics!!

With you 200%!! I’m finally getting access to a laser cutter at a local fab lab in a few weeks. The non-existent availability of the mandatory orientation has been ridiculous! Especially when considering I kinda sorta don’t need a beginner’s course on how to use a laser :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Can’t wait until I can start making some ideas a reality!

2 Likes