Please delete - no longer relivent

If you don’t have flashing handy I think even thin foil would be plenty of shielding, especially considering that the laser will be quite defocused by that point. Double it up if you’re wanting extra security.

I considered foil but it does not have the strength either. Plus having a bit of flashing about is a lot like having string or rope about. There will be hundreds of uses when you think “if only I had something like this about” the steel flashing is tougher to bend, cut, etc than the soft aluminum, but on the other hand it will attract either end of a magnet :upside_down_face:

They are about 0.03" thick and comes in foot wide rolls. but different sizes wide

Deleted

1 Like

Here is 6"x25’ roll at HD…

1 Like

The funny thing is I hear that sound clearly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deleted

2 Likes

Deleted

3 Likes

well we are relieved that it is your foot. 'cuz if it was somebody else’s you got some interesting times ahead real quick like

6 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to your new creations made with FrankenForge!

Deleted

8 Likes

Deleted

9 Likes

I love watching this process! :star_struck:

1 Like

Well the two black thick tubes, are NOT electric, they are FLUID…
most feed liquid the laser tube…

4 Likes

It also comes in pre-cut sheets like 8"w x 12"l. Might only be in brown or white painted versions. They’re used for step flashing.

2 Likes

Deleted

2 Likes

Those you can probably plug in an extension tube. Using binder clips you can pinch off the tube (they’re for the coolant right?), cut in between the clips, slip in a barbed fitting on either side and a short piece of hose. You’ll be introducing a bit of air but that should be purged when you remove the clips and power up the pump. I’d use a couple of small zipties on the barbed connections just to keep things airtight & prevent leaks.

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

Don’t know. GF secret. And, don’t think you need to as long as your reservoir has coolant in it. When it purges the air, it should draw the coolant from the tank.

@MyDogsThinkImCrazy would be the definitive source.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed…

1 Like

My only concern here is that those types of tubes always impinge the flow. We really have no idea what the flow rate is like or how much it needs to be here. I’d be reluctant to interfere with the cooling system at all.

2 Likes