Plus suddenly won’t cut the 1/3 right side of a board

Hi,

Anyone else having an issue of materials not being cut all the way through for no reason? For the past week-ish my MDF won’t cut through the final 1/3 of the board on right side. It’s the same material from the same order that was successfully cutting before. I’ve thoroughly cleaned it as well.

Also, I opted in for the monthly upgrade thing & I went to cut 1 sheet of 6x6 panels -no intricate designs , no engraving etc & the “priority lane” said it was going to take OVER AN HOUR to cut. What is going on?

The “fast lane” processing doesn’t change how long a cut will take, only how long it takes to go from hitting the print button on your screen to the machine button glowing.

Check your settings and file to see if there are accidental extra passes, slowed speed or duplicate lines.

For your cutting issue - when you cleaned could you have missed getting the crumb tray feet back in their divots on both sides? Material pinned down totally flat?

2 Likes

Make sure you haven’t missed any of the optics in your cleaning – the one in the left side of the machine gets overlooked frequently.

Nope I made sure to clean them all including the one on the left side. It’s the weirdest thing

1 Like

Would it be possible to get a photo of the print that didn’t cut through?

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.