Pocket full of DOOM! The saga continues.... (must see)

You may have seen my original doom cover: Bringing DOOM to us all

Well I made a more pocket sized one and hand colored it with so many blends of colors to get as close of shading as possible.

Final project first to blow you away then the process below:

Here is the original look after print:

Then the coloring process:

Some closer shots to see the detail, all the way down to the demons eyes!:

Hope you all enjoyed it, questions and comments welcomed as always.

36 Likes

Deleted.

4 Likes

The pen for scale is awesome, I couldn’t fathom the scale by the first couple of pictures. That coloring job you did is fantastic! I love tedious work, and I bet this was very enjoyable to do!

2 Likes

Yeah, it was pretty stunning before…but colored? Wowsers! Great job! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

100x over.

2 Likes

What was your estimated final total project time?
Also what was your coloring medium?

1 Like

Great job on the shading! Work like that is meditation, a perfect mental focus. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You did an amazing job with every part of this especially the coloring.

2 Likes

Amazing! Really stellar coloring, especially at that size.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you, I didn’t know how else to compare it. It almost looks like a note book (pocket book)

Thank you, I like it colored as well.

Well, the first print the top didn’t cut all the way through so I had to reprint the top then I used that first mess-up for shading testing so both of those ate up some time but if I didn’t have to do both of those first I’d say it took probably about 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours maybe. I really should keep accurate track of that since someone always ask. For the colors I use color pencils and then just look at original digital image while I color the finished print back and fourth until shading is correct.

I appreciate the compliment.

Thank you.

Thank you it took some time.

3 Likes

The 2 layer design is brilliant. Great addition of depth and interest to the engraving.

4 Likes

Fantastic piece! Beautiful coloring!

4 Likes