Poll: Okay guys, and this time I do mean the guys specifically:

Sounds!?! OMG… no Gilligan’s Island for you two growing up? I’m :broken_heart:

5 Likes

The Edsel theory not withstanding, every guy knows that the it’s the supposedly innocent one that is actually wild. So no matter how you word it, MaryAnn.

5 Likes

mrs howell. she can’t last that much longer.

5 Likes

I just threw up a little in my mouth…

10 Likes

yes well, nobody on that show is my cup of tea. but ludicrous wealth is always nice.

5 Likes

I feel so old now lol. :older_woman: I was just waiting for someone much younger than me to ask who Maryann and Ginger were.

9 Likes

well…it was only 3 seasons that ended 50 years ago. amazing how much of a part of the culture it remains. probably have reruns in the to thank for that; i assume they’re still being shown even today, somewhere.

7 Likes

Yes, they were being shown earlier today. Hence the poll. :smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, well you did say you wanted insight into men’s minds. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like MaryAnn is kicking Ginger’s arse. (I’m sure that means something…I just don’t know what it is.) Chuckle!

1 Like

MaryAnn is the Edsel. Ginger is a T-Bird. :wink:

1 Like

Wholesome and dumb beats out beautiful and dumb? (Lets face it, neither one of the chicks displayed a lot of smart in the show. Of course, neither did the fellas. Or the writers.) :smiley:

Seriously @SunnyStarbucks, you haven’t missed anything. Chuckle!

4 Likes

Wow, just asked hubs and got an unexpected ear full about this…

He went with the majority (MaryAnn) and when I asked why, I got a whole bunch of word salad about girl next door, brunette, real, accessible, the kind of girl you could sit back and have a beer with, yadda yadda. Then he started in on Ginger, and it was not nice! Snobby, stupid, plastic, goofy redhead and so on.

The amusing part - at least to me - is that I’m a brunette (or at least, I was) and he is a ginger!

10 Likes

The answer is simple.

Mary Ann is the shorter of the two, that means she’s more feisty yet less likely to snap a limb while ya wrastle. :smiley:

Ginger has the redhead thing going for her, a big bonus of course, but she’s kinda whispy and frail so prone to breaking and higher maintenance costs. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LMAO! That’s a great turn of phrase :smile:

4 Likes

LOL, in case we needed any convincing that you were Canadian. (Seriously, no American alive today has not seen Gilligan’s Island. It’s like I Love Lucy or The Brady Bunch. Required in order to be a US citizen.)

9 Likes

C’mon everyone, let’s all sing along…

4 Likes

A three hour tour. A three hour tour…:musical_score::musical_note::notes:

4 Likes

I met Dawn Wells before. She really is as nice as she seems. She went to school in Columbia, MO and had connections in Missouri and Iowa. Since I have family members in the State Fair business, paths just connected on occasion. So MaryAnn it is.

10 Likes

Wow, you actually met MaryAnn? (My husband would want to hear all about it…he’s also a fan.) :grin:

2 Likes