Polyester Ribbon Settings

Needed to cut some polyester ribbon, and managed to nail a great setting right out of the gate so it occurred to me to share.

168/41

Perfectly melted edge that resists fraying :slight_smile:

42 Likes

the good thing about doing something like this on the laser is that you also “seal” the edges with the heat. no fraying.

15 Likes

Oh, I need to remember this. the self sealing edges are prefect.

12 Likes

That is simple, but brilliant. Thanks!

8 Likes

I love stuff like this…thank you. Not something used everyday for sure, but when you need it…there it is.

6 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

I wonder, would it work to cut out a design, like a name, from the center of this? It would seal, but would the ribbon all hold together? Could make decent keychains out of these.

2 Likes

Awesome! I usually just use a firestick to melt the edges, but it sometimes makes it curl. Never would have thought to use the GF to do it. Love that nice clean edge! Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

The holes I’m cutting show damage, but hold together after I attempted to tear them apart…so maybe not a keychain of only a ribbon, but overlaid on something else I bet it’d last a long time!

6 Likes

Glued on to thin leather would make it pretty much indestructable and make a really pretty keychain, dog or cat collar or strap…

2 Likes