Poor customer service for me

Hey there customer service. I’ve had the pro for 4 months. 2 of which I was working with another fully functional machine. I finally get a refurbished machine and within a week it’s not working and I can’t get a response to my support ticket. My next step is filing with the BBB. I’ve had to shut down my business because I can’t produce products.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been experiencing with your replacement Glowforge, and I’d be more than happy to assist.

I’m not able to find a direct email ticket outlining the trouble you are experiencing with your replacement unit. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge ( with serial number KJK-229) and I can see that your Glowforge is experiencing trouble properly centering.

In these logs we have a record of the average signal strength the Glowforge is capturing from the network it’s connected to. On average, this signal strength has been low over the last week, with average strength at around -74dBm as of today. For more context, on networks with very good signal strength, this will often run closer to -30dBm. A signal strength at -70dBm or lower would be very difficult to stay connected to.

I’d like to see if the same trouble occurs when utilizing a mobile hotspot. Your Glowforge needs internet access. However, it does not need to be connected to the same network as the computer, phone, or tablet you are using to print.

For example, you can create a hotspot on your cell phone and use that network to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. This is a good way to rule out Wi-Fi interference, since you can set your phone right on top of your Glowforge!

You can find instructions online to help you create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your cell phone. Make sure that you set it up to be a 2.4 GHz hotspot, since that is the frequency your Glowforge uses.

Once the Wi-Fi hotspot is broadcasting, you can connect to it by following these steps:

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Wait 30 seconds. Then hold down the button for ten seconds until it glows teal.
  3. Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions on-screen. When prompted to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi, choose the hotspot you created.
  4. Once Wi-Fi setup is complete, go to app.glowforge.com and try a few prints.

Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

I was able to locate the direct email ticket you opened, and reviewed the details you’ve provided. I apologize for the delay in the direct email response, but it appears you may have not received the email we sent. I’m so sorry for this mix-up!

After closer inspection with another one of our Senior Technical Support Engineers, they were able to identify some debris or particles on the lens of your lid camera. You will not need to work through the instructions I provided previously, if everything appears to be working correctly.

It looks like you’ve been able to clean the lid camera, and rebooted your Glowforge. Once the Glowforge was rebooted, it was able to complete the centering process. That’s great!

I’d like to make sure everything is performing within specification. Could you please perform a test print, and let us know how it goes?

We’ll make sure to keep this thread open until we’ve heard back.

1 Like

Thank you for reaching back out to us directly via email! I see that you were able to resolve the snag by cleaning the Lid camera, and you are no longer running into the same snag. I’ll now close this thread, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if there is anything else we can help with in the future.

2 Likes