Pop sound and liquid leaving the tube

I was cutting some MDF and all of a sudden I heard a pop and noticed a bunch of liquid flowing out of the tube. It didn’t stop moving or anything, but I quickly reached around the back and flipped the power switch. This is why you shouldn’t leave your machine unattended. This machine is only a couple weeks old, I believe my 4th or 5th warranty replacement. This is really frustrating I seriously have the worst luck with these machines. Also I think there quality control is a bit lacking…

The tube is intended to be completely filled with liquid, that’s how it is cooled.

It looks like yours has emptied. Has it spilled into the bottom of the machine? (remove the tray)

no leak that I can see but I seriously stopped it almost instantly after the pop and noticed it draining…

The cooling system is closed, and the tube itself holds more fluid than the excess reservoir on the left side can contain, so if the tube is empty, it had to go somewhere.

It might have leaked out during shipping and the machine has been running without coolant all this time.

It would certainly explain the “pop” - the laser itself would overheat without coolant.

I have had them leak during shipping before but this one was actually perfect…

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like