Popping Sound when powering now wont turn on

Hello, I flipped the switch to cut it on and there was a loud popping sound and now my GF wont turn on at all. I have a BASIC. Can someone from the support team please reach out. Thank you.

Hello Amber,

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve run into this trouble with your printer!

Checking the outlet is a great first troubleshooting step here. If you’ve not already done so could you please try the following as well?

1. Unplug the end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself, as well as the end in the outlet.

2. Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord

3. Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in

4. Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in

Please let me know if you find anything, or if you’re still having trouble after these steps.

Hello Mike
I have checked the power cord and the outlet and its not working. I have plugged other items up and the outlet is working. What else can I do?

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having issues.

At this point, the next best step here would be to go ahead and get this printer replaced. I’ll need to grab some more information from you to help facilitate that. I see you’ve also got an email open with us. I’ll be following up via that email thread to make sure we get you all taken care of.

Since we’ll be finishing in email I’ll also be closing this topic.