Power fades to the left?

So quite consistently cuts on the left hand side do not cut through, but on the right hand side are perfect. I need to reduce the speed of everything about 10-20 points to get a clean cut through.

But I repeat, the fade is only on the left hand side.

I’ve thoroughly cleaned out the base of the tray and the floor of the GF and I’m as sure as I can be that is all level. The unit itself is on a really solid base, so sure that is level too.

Possibly, but I’m not sure, cleaning the lens, mirror etc make it a little better for a little while - but I repeat, I’m not sure about that.

What could be causing this?

You have made sure the tray is flat, I assume you have also made sure that the material is flat on the tray?

Support will probably want to see test cuts of the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade draftboard.

We have seen a few posts like this before but I can’t remember what the diagnosis was.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble cutting through your material.
Could you please send me a photo of the front and back of the print that failed to cut.
Please also let me know the date and time of the print (including time zone) in your reply.

Also, @GrooveStranger is right, I’d like you to do a test print on the left side of your bed following these steps:

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
  5. Check the completed print:
    • If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
  1. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.
1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.