Power protection for glowforge

My take on that is they bring up the concerns addressed above: 1. Daisychaining to connect a multitude of devices, and 2. Using them and extension cords to increase the distance they can reach.

The convo here is, I believe, more about two levels of surge protection working against one another.

2 Likes

Sure.
Have you seen an “un surge protected” power strip lately though? So, if one were to need to extend, from the back of a UPS (surge only side!!) to something - do you use a surge protected one? or try to find one that does not have surge protection?

I have several. You can find non-surge protected power strips (or more appropriately, just power strips) pretty much anywhere. Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.

1 Like

Or use a heavy-duty extension cord… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Operating guidelines require a properly grounded outlet with at least 800 watts available. We recommend against the use of a UPS, surge protector, or power strip.

Unfortunately, because there are a large variety of products available which may or may not meet the needs for your Glowforge, we’re unable to provide recommendations on whether or not a product would be appropriate for use with your Glowforge.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.

1 Like