Power resets during boot - redux

Booted a few times, no reboots. So whatever was going on seems to have gotten better!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve said it this week, so thank you again for taking the time and effort to dive into the hardware and software of this machine. While I understand why Glowforge is reluctant to release a lot of detailed info, I don’t understand why they can’t say something like “New firmware release tomorrow. You may see some odd behavior like x or y the first time you turn it on.” It seems like it would cut down on support tickets.

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates - we’re still monitoring!

So just more data points - started up this AM with lid closed and no issue. There was still a bit of a “clunk” when the button first lights up, after the focus head calibration, but doesn’t seem as bad as before.

EDIT - just wanted to reply to Rita’s post, below - thank you, because I am SO RELIEVED I am not going to need to send my baby back for repair! I’ve been using it a bunch and had no other issues, and the “restart” doesn’t happen often.

1 Like

We’ve tracked down the bug responsible for this. Thank you for helping us investigate this! While we don’t have a fix available now, the behavior is harmless, and doesn’t affect any other aspect of your machine or its operation. I’m sorry it took so long - thank you for letting us know so we could investigate it for you.

4 Likes