Practical cut - Doorbell bracket

My exterior wall has shingles, and the placement of the doorbell wire makes it difficult to mount a fancy doorbell, larger than a simple button. Glowforge to the rescue!

(happy to share the cut file, but it doesn’t seem relevant to anyone else)
Material used is Ruisita Unfinished Square Wood Pieces. I specifically did not use PG here, because I did not want the veneer layer, and cheap wood would suffice.

57 Likes

Perfect, practical cut.

8 Likes

Perfect solution. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’m always so happy to discover the things we can use our Glowforges for around the home, especially use stuff like this! Great job!

9 Likes

Great execution. Well done!

7 Likes

I love practical cuts, especially if they are for a unique solution. It expands my library of “possible.”

7 Likes

What a cool, professional looking solution! Seems like you could sell these to your neighbors…

8 Likes

Very nicely done! Looks professional!

4 Likes

Practical projects are always my favorites. Well done.

3 Likes

Love it! Totally worth the purchase of your Glowforge.

3 Likes

So smart!

1 Like

I love seeing other people’s practical cuts because I am so NOT practical.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the responses! It seems this was way more popular than I would ever have guessed.

1 Like

I made something very similar to mount a Next doorbell for a friend. I didn’t take pics or save the file. It came with a plastic bracket but that didn’t fit the angle of the siding perfectly where the wiring was, just needed to be shimmed a little.

My GF is just another tool in my workshop for solving problems like that.

6 Likes

Well done. great idea

1 Like

I love to McGyver my way out of a problem job or project especially if I can use the GF and that is just what you have done.
Nice job.

3 Likes

I love this!

I need to design something that will be similar to this but also has some type of theft deterrent. But I don’t want it on the front door (like this example below) since we often have the door open. We have a screendoor that is kept closed, so I don’t know. We will see. :smiley: I haven’t worked on it yet at all.

2 Likes

Haha! I love when folks use GF to problem-solve. Well done.

1 Like