Practical cuts

Practical cuts are not allowed to look this nice, are they?

5 Likes

Dangling necklaces and cats. just sayin’ :partying_face:

3 Likes

Dangling cats as necklaces and earrings could certainly be a design idea. I think a few made it to the forum.

2 Likes

They’re too busy knocking stuff over. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This is beautiful! I love the design!

2 Likes

I finally got myself an inline fan - but before disconnecting the old setup I cut myself a spacer to put in the window…just a square and a box, but what a difference it makes!

Window-Gate_V4

If anyone buys this fan: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7S46YZ - the layout on this puts the bottom of the square level with the bottom of the legs of this fan :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These snap-on tags label various connectors in my keg cooler. I love this 2-color thin acrylic… label all the things!

I also made a simple blank tag to write keg contents and notes. The tag snaps onto the split ring, the acrylic has just enough give to go on and off without breaking. Much nicer than writing on a tape label.

22 Likes

Those look nice! (Much better than the bread bag closure tabs that I use to label everything.) :smile:

4 Likes

Boring but functional: a caddy to hold aquarium test kit reagents and vials.

What I wanted to do was figure out a way to hold all the little parts, and include a means to let the vials drip dry upside down, etc etc… but while I was trying to figure out how to make the perfect caddy I kept spilling vials, so I made a simple caddy to get me going.

28 Likes

Perfect getting in the way of done. Yeah, I’m familiar with that. Nice job.

3 Likes

IMG_2872

Semi-practical cut
Husband occasionally forgets to turn off the heating cables on the roof (to prevent ice built-up > leaking roof) and other such things which happen mostly in the garage… so I made him one of these. At first he wasn’t sure it was going to work, but today it saved him - not once, but twice!

17 Likes

I don’t think it’s boring at all! Stuff like this really tickles me.

4 Likes

A Honey-Do box! great idea! Decoration perfect!

7 Likes

What a great idea. At our home, we frequently forget someone turned the hose on in the pool since it is on the basement level and we can’t see it from the main house. So many times we will realize it the next day.

Need to make something similar so that it will be ‘in our face’. We keep saying we will write ourself a note ‘the next time’ but never do.

5 Likes

A hose timer is just the thing here.

https://www.amazon.com/Watering-Timers/b?ie=UTF8&node=553988

7 Likes

Thanks! Never realized something like this existed.

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s a pool autofiller that is inexpensive, where you can throw the hose in and it’ll turn off when it gets to a preset depth…? I know I’ve seen fancy pools that do that automatically but never seen a standalone product.

1 Like

Would you look at that:

9 Likes

Aren’t you a wealth of knowledge today :slight_smile:

You would think our pool service would have mentioned these gadgets.

3 Likes

Thanks, it’s my monthly useful day. :wink:

Maybe not? I mean anything that automates pool maintenance would seem like something they don’t want you to know about :slight_smile:

That being said, who knows, maybe these valves are terrible and they don’t mention them because they are a waste of money? Caveat emptor!

7 Likes