Practical cuts

Working on ways to use these

8 Likes

It might be my eyes… but I don’t see any holes?

1 Like

Note: I said working on ways. From using tiny magnets to bamboo with holes to actually making holes, or cut and engrave this and glue to the back…
holes

1 Like

Refrigerator magnets?

2 Likes

They are great for that! The central dome is thick enough I can drill most of the way through and use 1/8 inch neomagnets or I have thar rubber magnet stuff that came in one-inch diameter just glued in place,

1 Like

I just posted a square string spool to the Free Designs area.

Now I just need to design a gear driven winder for it. :wink:

9 Likes

we rarely (like, only when there’s company) eat in the dining room. we eat in the family room, sitting on the sofa, watching TV. and my “TV tray” is really a laptop table. and it has a laptop on it. i’m often not watching TV, but surfing. keyboard not necessary for that, just a mouse and the screen.

my old laptop had recessed keys, so i could get away with resting my plate on the handrest portion. but the most recent laptop has keys that rise above the surface. creating a problem. i finally decided to do something about it.

so today i cut a little stand that covers the base of the laptop and gives me a safe surface for a plate or bowl without having to close the laptop.

31 Likes

That is both brilliant and hilarious :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What a cool idea! And look…it’s even decorated like a placemat! High stylin’!

4 Likes

Great idea for anti-social meals!

Rev2 suggestion: A little lip to redirect spills off to the sides.

3 Likes

spills? those all go directly into my lap.

5 Likes

We have a dog for that :grin:

5 Likes

for propriety, i avoid having the dog lick my lap. she can have what hits the floor.

3 Likes

You lick that up yourself? :rofl:

2 Likes

I often have occasion to want to cover the keys (the screen makes a good “whiteout” background to photograph as well) and I always “make do” but a dedicated surface sounds great though more storage capacity might have to be added. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

no, cuz I’M not a dog and don’t have that capability.

1 Like

Perhaps that is what Lyckans and sideshow barkers are about ?

Uh back on track.

Painted a mini swatch on the lid, extra practical.

18 Likes

I need an integrated shirt-shield on mine.

4 Likes

I don’t eat in the living room often, because I don’t want to move my laptop. This is a brilliant idea!

3 Likes