Practical cuts

I prefer the look of this kind of joint. Yes…I used Gorilla wood glue and held it together with a whole lotta blue painter’s tape. I’m very picky about making sure everything is lined up properly, too. A cabinet maker I’m not, but I’ve sort of gotten a ‘system’ down. Oh, I also have a couple of 1-2-3 blocks that I put inside to help keep it square and I now have some corner clamps to use, too.

3 Likes

Yeah, something like that… Just didn’t want a boring blank.

I pulled the pin then re-inserted it through the stop.

4 Likes

these days seeing an empty box on the internet just makes me wonder where the cat went.

14 Likes

So your cat’s name is Box?

7 Likes

Well, even though that was funny, the cat remark came from @ihermit2. :smile: I don’t even have a cat.

3 Likes

schrodinger’s cat…

6 Likes

Please show the poop flags again — link is gone and now you just have me over the top curious! …ahhh never mind … found them elsewhere in the forum — a bit blurred … interesting very interesting

2 Likes

irony, they might have gotten flagged. They had some cursing as I recall :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really like this; don’t know how to do this myself (so not a woodworker; but the GF helps!)

This?

9 Likes

Fun to break the rules isn’t it? Too many flags will get you tossed out of the forum though, now that everyone has had a good laugh, I’d give serious consideration to removing it. (It’s a “G” rated forum according to the Guidelines.)

If someone comes along and flags it, you might be outa here. Nothing we can do about it, Discourse does it automatically.

Just something to think about. :wink:

One option would be to blur the images before uploading. That way no uncensored versions are up here.

That would work. (Dan has done it before.) And it might skate by with just the Discourse blurring. I guess it’s good enough until someone gets offended by it, but by then it might be too late. When you’re suspended, you’re suspended.

Anyway, not my call. I did just want to give a warning on it, since it’s been removed before. Second time around the results are harsher. It’s just the way the forum works automatically.

That’s just it, you and I can’t put our assessment of “ridiculous” on someone else’s reaction. I personally find the flags funny but I wouldn’t presume to tell other people (or their small children who might be reading the forum with them) how to feel about it.

Hence I totally agree with the G-rating.

4 Likes

I’ve deleted all references here to the post that some sensitive people freaked out over (even though it was hidden with a blur) so nobody even asks about it again.

1 Like

I think maybe freaked out is overstating the situation…

2 Likes

Don’t confuse warning you about it with being sensitive about it. I assure you, I’ve heard a lot worse.

4 Likes

Wow.

I am 100% sure she was looking out for you on this one. You never know who is going to get upset and the forum software automated justice is swift.

4 Likes